Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Discover your Life Purpose and Passion

Below is one website which I had stumbled upon last year when I was at the valley of valley in my Christian walk. However that period was such a refining experience for me that it had awakened me to know exactly what God has purposed and made me for and to be. Hope that the website is useful to all of you.

http://www.theonequestion.com/test.html

My answers to the questions raised in the website are below:-

1. What are you naturally curious about?
  • History
  • Wisdom from the past generations
  • Inspiring lives of ordinary people
  • Politics
  • Leadership
  • Economics and finance
  • Existential struggles of life
  • Ethics
  • Self-help
  • Human philosophy and behaviour

2. What would you change about the world?

  • Self-centered leadership
  • Ungrateful people
  • Injustice
  • Undue hurts and disappointment caused to other people
  • Indifference of people
  • Disregard for other people
  • Unclear goals
  • Religion which disregards emotional well-being of people
  • Suffering
  • Cheating and dishonesty

3. What would you love to do or accomplish before you die?

  • Have a mentor who's experienced to share his life wisdom
  • Go on a mission trip
  • Be self-sufficient
  • Find an institution of integrity and progress, and a compelling cause to commit to
  • Pour out my life for a committed mentee
  • Share and impart whatever I know and have
  • Defy norms of society or groups who are self-centered
  • Help other people who are truly and humbly accept that they are in need

4. What would you do if you could not fail?

  • Get my own team and start my own church
  • Research and prepare teachings
  • Train and help organisation/ people to improve
  • Write and publish my reflection
  • Build a team of like-minded people

5. What would you do if you would not be limited by money?

  • Help to set up non-profit organisation to build and train people to be equipped for every good work
  • Travel to different parts of the world for humanitarian aid

6. What would you like to hear at your funeral?

  • Family members - Loving, committed, caring, and enabling
  • Friends - Convicted, passionate, devoted, steadfast, flexible, life-long learner
  • Colleague - Responsible, value-adding
  • Others - Enriching with new/ different perspectives, champion of underdogs, refreshing, inspiring and authentic

7. What are the things you currently enjoy doing?

  • Going on courses
  • Reading and learning something new
  • Reflection and creating new perspectives
  • Hanging out with friends, playing LAN gaming
  • Doing something with a clear goal
  • Achieving something which I know I'm good at
  • Singing
  • Counselling people and at the end they felt that they were mininstered
  • Playing soccer and winning
  • Relaxing with my girlfriend, baring my innermost thoughts and feelings
  • One-on-one setting with people who are most honest and vulnerable

8. What were the activities or tasks you were doing when you felt most empowered?

  • Running my own caregroup
  • Sharing my thoughts and reflection
  • Initiating and completion of my project
  • Doing something which I know will be beneficial to a group or institution which I am committed to
  • Doing tasks with a group of committed and like-minded people

9. What would you most like to be acknowledged for so far in your life?

  • Pioneering and setting up a admin support group in Uni ministry
  • Helping to develop and raise CLs
  • Organising a conference of 500 pax
  • Develop syllabus for basic guitar lesson

10. If you have only one wish, what would it be?

  • To have a team of like-minded, passionate and committed people to fulfill a cause

11. Whose life do you want to be living?

  • Ravi Zechariah for his grasp of life and its issues, and his inspiring and thought-provoking reflections
  • Lee Kuan Yew for his insights, discipline and strong will
  • Jesus Christ for his humanity and humility

12. What ideas are you most inspired by?

  • Selfless, devoted, competent and empowering leadership
  • Life-long learning and education for all
  • Ethical and civil-minded society

13.With whom would you like to surround yourself?

  • People who are well-read
  • People who are insightful and gives refreshing perspectives
  • People who inspires and motivates me to action
  • People who are loving and caring towards me
  • People who want to develop others

14. Do you take responsibility for what is happening to you? (Do note that I did this questionaire last year when I hasn't really recovered yet from past hurts(

No, I don't believe it. I gave myself to the people whom I cared for and in exchange, I got betrayal, misunderstanding, neglect and criticism. Right now, I really can't see how things will come to change or how I am going to step out from the mess. But I am determined to achieve my life purpose no matter what it takes. My life won't be determined by others but myself only.

No comments:

Post a Comment